Recent Research News / Articles
- Theory, System, Algorithm and Hardware Architecture for Digital Communication, Signal Processing, and Embedded Systems
- IoT; 5G MIMO-OFDM; High performance wireless communication systems; Ultra-low power wireless communication systems;
- Software-Defined Radio; Computer Vision; Image Processing; Machine Learning; Software-Defined Networking;
- Integrated Circuits and VLSI architecture for Ultra-Low Power / Ultra High Performance Systems
Research Grants & Awards
- Principal Investigator, DARPA Young Faculty Award (YFA) 2018, “Hyper-Dimensional Modulation for Robust Low-Latency Low-Power IoT Networks”
- Co-Principal Investigator, DARPA – Electronics Resurgence Initiative – DSSoC, “Domain-Focused Advanced Software-Reconfigurable Heterogeneous System on Chip (DASH-SoC)”
- Co-Principal Investigator, DARPA – Electronics Resurgence Initiative – SDH, “Transmuter: A Reconfigurable Computer”
- Co-Principal Investigator, NIH BRAIN R21, “100μm Scale Single Unit Neural Recording Probe Using IR-Based Powering and Communication”
- Co-Principal Investigator, University of Michigan Exercise & Sport Science Initiative (ESSI), “Projection Based Augmented Reality System for Inclusive Recreational Sports and Performance Tracking”
- Co-Principal Investigator, Army Research Office, “Intelligent collaborative wireless networks enabled by heterogeneous software-defined radios”
- Principal Investigator, NIST Public Safety Innovation Accelerator Research , “Decimeter Accurate, Long Range Non-Line-of-Sight RF Localization Solution for Public Safety Applications”
- Principal Investigator, Samsung Global Research Outreach, “Energy-Optimized Wireless Communication for Power-Constrained Millimeter-Scale IoT Platforms”
- Principal Investigator, Samsung Global Research Outreach, “An ultra-low power, 360-degrees immersive image processor for energy-constrained mobile platforms”
- Co-Principal Investigator, National Science Foundation ECCS #1507192, “Back-Channel Communication Embedded in Standard Compliant Wireless Packets”.
- Co-Principal Investigator, DARPA BAA-15-14, “Near Zero-Power, Continuous Acoustic Sensing Microsystem using Active Integrated Circuits and Digital Signal Processing”.
- Co-Principal Investigator, Intel, “Ultra-Low Power Versatile Wireless Communication Solutions for IoT”.
Ultra-low power WiFi / Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) back-channel communication systems
Ultra low-power, non-line-of-sight RF localization for energy-autonomous wireless sensor nodes
Low-power computer vision and machine learning hardware accelerators for mobile platforms
Ultra-low power near-field / far-field wireless communication for millimeter-scale sensor nodes
Low power, software defined radio architecture for IoT communications
Ultra-low power machine learning deep neural network systems for event detection and classification